Honigman provides automotive clients with practical legal and business advice on construction, architectural and development service contracts, as well as build-to-suit leases. We understand how to represent clients who are locating facilities within the context of an integrated industrial park, and we are knowledgeable on matters involving reciprocal easement agreements, architectural controls, and owners’ association rights.
Our Real Estate attorneys routinely assist our clients in negotiating and structuring complex automotive-related real estate transactions, such as land assemblages, acquisitions, development, financing, and entitlements with respect to manufacturer and supplier facilities, including manufacturing plants, truck- and rail-served regional parts-distribution centers, and office and other support facilities. We also assist clients with respect to the disposition of surplus automotive facilities, including real estate.
Real estate law has been at the heart of Honigman’s practice since our firm’s inception more than 60 years ago. Our commercial real estate attorneys have a long-standing reputation for providing the highest caliber legal and business counseling. Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked Honigman’s Real Estate department number one in Michigan for the last decade. Our clients rely on us for their day-to-day business needs, as well as for their most important and sophisticated transactions.
- Advised on security issues and related diligence with respect to review and documentation of U.S. Treasury loans
- Counseled clients regarding real estate acquisition and development of headquarter facilities for automotive manufacturers and automotive importers (including, e.g., acquisition of improvements, financing, construction, and architecture and other service agreements; leasing; utilities; roads, infrastructure, and railroad issues; riverfront improvements; subdivision issues; environmental and safety matters; and tax and public incentives)
- Assisted with conversion of unwanted real estate, buildings, and related improvements from automotive use to nonautomotive use, including public and nonprofit uses
- Advised on development, acquisition, and sale of several automotive manufacturing/assembly plants and distribution facilities
- Counseled on decommissioning and repurposing of industrial properties
- Assisted with acquisition, sale, and leasing of office, warehouse, and manufacturing facilities by American companies throughout the United States, Australia, Asia, Europe, Mexico, and South America