The legal project management tenets of process improvement, transparency, and ongoing communication are foundational in Honigman’s client service delivery model.
Our Legal Project Management (LPM) team provides our clients with a number of traditional LPM services throughout the lifecycle of an engagement: from defining scope and assumptions developing estimates, creating staffing and matter plans, to matter monitoring and fee tracking. These services are considered standard and are available to all of our clients on value-add basis.
We strive to set accurate expectations, avoid surprises, and work with our clients to meet their legal and budgetary needs.
Beyond these traditional services, our Legal Project Managers also actively engage in matter management, handling the more organizational legal work relating to our clients’ engagements that would normally fall to senior associates or junior partners. Utilizing our Legal Project Managers to handle this work is another way that Honigman is right-sourcing the legal teams on projects – Legal Project Managers are able to effectively and efficiently take on these tasks for a fraction of the cost a client would normally incur, freeing up our attorneys to handle strategic and more complex legal work.
How LPM drives value for you:
- Data-backed estimates driven by your goals, a defined matter scope, and representative matters, resulting in greater predictability and optimized cash flow management.
- Automated reports highlight key financial and matter management information to limit surprises and identify scope changes early. These reports are accurate as the firm requires daily time entry and phase/task code billing for almost all matters.
- Optimized legal services delivery through the continuous application of process improvement
- Right-sourced work to ensure the professional with the best-skill set is handling matter management functions.
- Post-matter conversations, sharing insights and actively gathering lessons learned to ensure continuous improvement in our legal services.