The FOCUS Practice Technology service line identifies innovative technologies to support matter teams in providing enhanced service to our clients.
Honigman continues to invest in technology improvements that provide a more seamless experience and drive efficiency for our clients. We constantly evaluate new and emerging technologies for synergies and process improvement opportunities. Our prioritization of practice technology allows our firm to quickly adapt to meet client needs, both on a proactive and reactive basis.
Honigman views technology as a tool to enhance client service, improve value, and increase the efficiency of the delivery of services to clients.
We are dedicated to the evaluation of products and needs to enhance our practices and the way we provide service to our clients. However, this does not happen in a vacuum; we engage our clients and attorney users in the evaluation and implementation process to ensure we identify and create optimal platforms. Some of the practice technology tools that we utilize in our delivery of legal services include:
- Honigman Collaborate – a dashboard, workflow automation, and collaboration platform;
- AI technologies for reviewing contracts, leases, and other documents;
- A platform to streamline deal closings;
- Data analytics platforms that inform case strategies;
- An e-signature tool.
With the client in mind, we have connected underlying technology tools to provide our clients with one single “full-service” resource – Honigman Collaborate. Our Honigman Collaborate platform provides real-time financial and matter management data. Honigman Collaborate sites are also able to provide clients with project trackers; automated workflows that connect the Honigman team with the client team; access to relevant project documents; contract management functionality; forms and templates; and data capture and visualization tools for client-identified KPIs.
In addition to providing clients with dashboard features for key insights to their matters, Honigman Collaborate is also a cutting-edge collaboration tool that allows clients to work with Honigman as one team.
We handle routine contract review for a public company that provides subscription-based goods. Our Honigman team of attorneys and legal project managers works directly with the company’s business units to lessen the burden on the company’s in-house team. Not only does Honigman push real-time financial updates from our accounting system, Honigman Collaborate is updated on a daily basis with the status of each contract we review and revise so the in-house team is kept apprised of our operational activities. Once the contract is finalized, the company is able to close the loop in Honigman Collaborate by uploading an executed copy to ensure that all paperwork is in order and accessible. The client’s in-house team is able to export the database and provide the resulting excel as a current report to the company’s general counsel.
How our practice technology tools drive value for you:
- Maximized productivity and efficiency gains through cutting-edge artificial intelligence Our deal teams report increased efficiencies averaging roughly 50% when utilizing our contract review software, resulting in cost-savings passed directly to our clients.
- Informed legal strategies and outcome predictions through the application of legal analytic tools to document transactions, case experience, and judicial appearances.
- Consistent, highly efficient work product resulting from knowledge management practices, as we leverage form checklists, model documents, and other precedent materials.
- Timely access to counsel and deliverables through our collaborative technology platform.
- A data-backed approach to our legal services. Our proprietary resource provides insights on courts and opposing counsel, and we utilize platforms that provide predictive data about how courts and judges rule in certain areas of law and on particular topics/pleading types.