Joanne Fisher is a senior paralegal in the Real Estate Department with more than 15 years of title insurance and law firm experience.
- Concentrates practice in the areas of multifamily and commercial real estate development through analysis of title commitments, surveys, and zoning information, representing developers and lenders
- Coordinates phases of the real estate acquisition, sale, or financing transaction: prepares an analysis of the purchase agreement and closing checklist and drafts and negotiates closing document packages, coordinates closings with title companies and lenders, and follows the transaction to completion and delivery of the closing transcripts to the client and transaction parties
- Develops comprehensive pre-closing due diligence reports on the parties to the transaction and on the property
- Prepares claims under title polices
- Records documents and files financing statements in all U.S. jurisdictions
- Prior to entering the title insurance industry, served as counsel to financial institutions on regulatory, real estate, and commercial lending matters
- Recently has worked with national title companies on insuring the real estate interests in easements and leaseholds with respect to financing of solar panel installations in California, Arizona, and New Jersey
- Experienced in the delivery of multifamily loan packages to Fannie Mae under the DUS lender program
- LandAmerica, Commercial Title Officer and Claims Counsel, 1998-2000
- First American Title Insurance Company, Manager–Electronic Commerce and Title Examiner, 1995-1998
- First Federal of Michigan, Commercial Real Estate Lending and Regulatory Compliance, Counsel, 1986-1994
- Michigan National Corporation, Regulatory Compliance, Counsel, 1980-1986
Bank of the Commonwealth, Regulatory Compliance and Commercial Lending, Counsel, 1978-1980
- Private practice in Detroit, Michigan, 1975-1978
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
Oberlin College, B.A.