Emory Moore concentrates his practice on labor and employment law counseling and litigation. He represents employers in complex labor and employment matters, including restrictive covenant, trade secret, wage and hour, executive compensation, and discrimination matters.
Emory has extensive experience serving as lead counsel in litigation and arbitration matters around the U.S. Emory also serves as strategic employment counsel for employers, providing advice and counseling regarding employment matters, representing employers in contract negotiations, and leading internal investigations.
- Represented employers in prosecution of and defense against restrictive covenant and trade secret matters in state and federal courts around the U.S.
- Defended healthcare entity against trade secret misappropriation and breach of restrictive covenant claim before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, obtaining denial of the plaintiff’s motion for temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction.
- Represented employers in defense against wage & hour matters around the U.S.
- Represented a transportation firm before the New York Court of Appeals and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, which affirmed the dismissal of a wage and hour lawsuit based on res judicata; Simmons v. Trans Express Inc., 19-438 (2d Cir. Oct. 26, 2021).
- Defended a food services company against wage and hour claims before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, obtaining favorable settlement.
- Represented employers in defense against breach of employment contract matters around the U.S.
- Defended a healthcare entity against a breach of employment agreement claim by a physician before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, obtaining dismissal with prejudice.
- Defended a staffing agency against a breach of employment agreement claim in Michigan state court, obtaining dismissal with prejudice.
- Represented employers before administrative agencies around the U.S. in relation to discrimination, wage and hour, and occupational safety investigations.
- Represented company in Illinois Department of Human Rights’ investigation into multiple Charges of Discrimination, obtaining written decision finding no cause and dismissing all Charges.
- Successful defended company against North Carolina Department of Labor investigation into alleged workplace retaliation.
- McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Associate Attorney
- Clark Hill, PLC, Associate Attorney
- Foster, Swift, Collins & Smith, PC, Associate Attorney
- Dean's List
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award
- Excellence in ADR Award
- Scholar in Law Award
- President, BLSA
Super Lawyers, Recognized as a Rising Star, 2018, 2020-2022
The National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2020