As widespread artificial intelligence adoption advances across industries, Honigman remains at the forefront of the legal landscape to advise our clients on the complexities of this emerging technology and its impact on business and law. With a pioneering legacy in AI, we've seamlessly transitioned into the new era of generative AI (GAI), embracing its potential while helping our clients assess associated risks.
Passionate about technology and the future of AI, our multidisciplinary team of lawyers combines extensive expertise in diverse practices to help our clients navigate this complex landscape where law and technology converge. We understand the importance of embracing AI while ensuring responsible and compliant use. Whether it’s intellectual property (IP), data security and privacy, advertising and marketing compliance, or navigating regulatory issues, our seasoned lawyers are well-equipped to address the legal implications of AI.
Our team advises and supports clients currently seeking to integrate AI technologies into their operations, products, and services, as well as those engaged in M&A transactions, licensing arrangements, and commercial technology procurement. In particular, our IP department has been prosecuting patents for artificial intelligence for over a decade, and is considered a preeminent IP service provider for artificial intelligence technologies. Our capabilities span varied practice areas, including:
- Data, Privacy and Cybersecurity;
- Mergers and Acquisitions;
- Technology Transactions; and
- Intellectual Property.
In the face of an overwhelming flood of AI-related information, our team provides full-spectrum counsel, offering agile solutions that empower clients to embrace AI responsibly. We are dedicated to advising and supporting our clients as they navigate this developing area.
Connect with a Professional
- Assisted clients in developing generative AI acceptable use policies
- Advised a digital marketing program optimization company on assessing and mitigating risk exposure in their AI-enabled bot project
- Counseled a full-service commercial real estate firm on deploying a conversational AI tool for handling outbound sales calls and customer service work
- Drafted a provider-side MSA for AI-guided imaging software to enable a healthcare provider to provide high-quality ultrasound exams regardless of their familiarity with ultrasounds, ensuring responsible data use and licensing arrangements for the greater good
- Counseled an online consumer business regarding the use of GAI in software development projects
- Counseled clients on compliance with data privacy laws and other regulatory obligations concerning the development and use of AI products and services
- Counseled a financial services business regarding the use of AI and GAI in consumer credit-decision making and customer communications
- Advised multiple clients on the acquisition (licensing/subscription) of AI-and GAI-enabled software and related use cases
- Handled IP procurement and clearance investigations both in the U.S. and around the world for a global interactive media and services company related to various intellectual property assets, including speech recognition, machine learning, training large language models (LLMs), and artificial intelligence.
News & Insights
- Event |
- Innovating with AI in a Legal ContextEvent |
- Cybersecurity: Mitigating Your Company’s Digital RisksEvent |
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and RoboticsEvent |
Over 10 years of AI patent experience
Currently handling over 4,000 AI-related patent matters
Ranked among Top 10 Patent Firms and IP practices in North America-Midwest by Patent Lawyer Magazine