For many companies, information, intellectual property, and technology underpin their business models. For others, technology solutions and information management are essential tools used to carry out their day-to-day operations and achieve strategic results with express business objectives to stay practical and minimize legal, regulatory, and competitive risks.
Honigman’s multidisciplinary Technology Transactions group focuses on the intersection of law and technology in virtually every industry, including automotive, financial services, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, and more. Our attorneys have deep experience helping organizations develop, license, procure, sell, and monetize intellectual property and technology solutions and pursue corporate technology initiatives in a manner that strengthens business and customer relationships, increases resource efficiency, maximizes competitive strength, and decreases risk.
We serve as a business partner to our clients to identify, acquire, and monetize IT and IP assets, regularly advising on licensing and cloud services agreements, including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and NaaS; software development, and system acquisition, implementation, and transition—whether hardware or software, and including internet and web-based services, data management and security, and business process outsourcing—and the proper management and protection of business-critical information.
As the value of information increases so too do the dangers associated with misuse of data, data breaches, and security incidents. To help clients reduce risk, we provide full-spectrum counseling on data protection and privacy compliance and help businesses respond quickly and effectively in the event of suspected or actual wrongdoing by employees or outside agents.
We take a comprehensive, holistic approach to helping clients achieve their technology and data related business objectives. Our core areas of concentration include information technology transactions; internet and e-commerce; stand-alone technology, intellectual property, and data transactions; corporate/M&A transactions; commercial transactions; privacy and data security, outsourcing; media and entertainment; and IP counseling.
Connect with a Professional
- Owen Agho
- Michael Baumert, CIPP/US
- Andrew J. Boes
- John (Jack) J. Carver II
- James H. Combs
- Sean F. Crotty
- Kathryn D. Doyle
- Kimberly A. Dudek
- Harold Fox, Ph.D.
- Michael P. Hindelang, CIPP/US, CIPM
- Matthew Keuten
- Chauncey C. Mayfield II
- Cydney J. McGill
- Kelly T. Murphy
- Jonathan P. O'Brien, Ph.D.
- Julie E. Reitz
- Ahmad H. Sabbagh
- Clara L. Seymour
- Jad Sheikali, CIPP/US
- Douglas H. Siegel
- Angela Alvarez Sujek
- Leigh C. Taggart
- Glynis L. Talley
- Andrew N. Weber
- Steven M. Wernikoff
Advised a global diversified industrial company with respect to the renegotiation of a multibillion-dollar worldwide information technology outsourcing agreement
- Represented a financial institution with respect to the licensing, development, and implementation of a proprietary loan origination and servicing software application
- Assisted an automotive finance company with respect to the licensing and implementation of multiple software applications and systems used to document and service wholesale and retail loan portfolios
- Advised a leading healthcare service provider with respect to the development of a proprietary software application used to manage medical records, medical test data, and third-party reimbursement activities
- Represented global manufacturing companies with regard to the licensing and deployment of cloud-based business application and compliance with U.S. and international data protection laws and regulations
- Assisted a multinational Tier 1 automotive supplier outsourcing its global IT functions, including application development and maintenance, data center services, telecommunications network management services, non-production procurement services, and finance and accounting services
- Represented a multinational Tier 1 automotive supplier in connection with structuring transition service agreements to provide for the continued provision of back office and IT services to multiple plants and subsidiaries of the supplier that were divested
- Advised a global automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in a series of acquisitions and divestitures of brands and business operations, including structuring transaction services and other commercial agreements for the continued supply of information technology services, business process services, and contract manufacturing services
- Assisted a global manufacturer of pump systems, fluid filtration devices, and air-handling systems in a global PeopleSoft implementation
- Represented a multinational Tier 1 automotive supplier in restructuring its strategic enterprise-wide information technology and business process outsourcing contracts
- Assisted a multinational Tier 1 automotive supplier in negotiation of an IT outsourcing agreement for the provision of services in over 20 countries
- Represented a multinational Tier 1 automotive supplier in connection with its acquisition of voice and data communications services on a global basis
- Advised manufacturers in connection with the termination of outsourcing agreements with troubled service providers and the transition to new service providers
- Represented a leading global technology services provider in negotiating a series of outsourcing agreements with an automotive OEM with a combined contract value in excess of $700 million
- Assisted manufacturing companies in connection with the competitive bidding process for enterprise resource planning (ERP) software licensing and implementation by the successful bidder
- Advised global healthcare-product manufacturing company in global Sap implementation
- Represented laboratory company in the development of proprietary software tool for use in ordering, labeling, and reporting on laboratory testing for healthcare system clients
- Assisted leading provider of disease management systems in connection with value-added reseller (VAR) agreements and agreements with healthcare systems
- Represented healthcare systems in connection with outsourcing of information technology staff and systems
- Represented healthcare systems in connection with transition service agreements for information technology services in connection with divestitures and acquisitions
- Purchased service arrangements between healthcare systems for information technology services
- Negotiated system-wide health information technology contracts for multi-hospital healthcare systems
News & Insights
- Press Release |
- Press Release |