Justin Gingerich is a corporate attorney who focuses his practice on venture capital, private equity, and mergers and acquisitions transactions. Justin works with start-ups and private companies, managing their life cycle from formation and structuring to fundraising and strategic exits. In addition, he advises financial institutions on legal and business issues related to strategic transactions, deal structuring, diligence, and post-closing integration.
Justin’s extensive experience enables him to guide his clients through a wide array of complex business challenges with an eye on providing commercially practice advice and insight.
- Counsel to an alternative manufacturing company in multiple rounds of fundraising activities, including the sale of a majority ownership stake to a foreign-controlled acquirer.
- Counseled a start-up beverage company in connection with its convertible debt and Series Seed preferred stock offering
- Represented an investor-backed acquisition fund in its acquisition of multiple targets in the behavioral health industry
- Represented an investor-backed acquisition fund in its acquisition of a target in the mobile satellite services industry
- Represented a healthcare start-up in negotiations with a major healthcare insurance provider in connection with a pilot program
- Represented a Y-Combinator graduate FinTech company in its Series A preferred stock offering
- Represented a CBD company in connection with its Series Seed preferred stock offering
- Represented an EdTech company in connection with its sale to a strategic acquirer
- Represented a financial services printer in connection with its sale to a strategic acquirer
- Represented a private equity fund acquirer in connection with its acquisition of multiple targets within the recreational outdoors vertical
- Represented a publicly-traded electronics manufacturer in its strategic acquisition of a privately-held electronics manufacturer
- Represented dozens of credit union acquirers in their individual acquisitions of bank branches or whole bank acquisitions, both via merger and purchase and assumption
- Dickinson Wright PLLC, Of Counsel
- Certificate in Tax Law
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law International Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
- Finance and Accounting Management
- magna cum laude
- Dean's List
The Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized in the area of Banking and Finance Law, Ones to Watch, 2023