Daniel is a litigator who focuses on regulatory investigations and enforcement actions, protecting his clients’ brands, community standing, and ability to compete in the marketplace. He has represented companies and individuals before a range of federal and state agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Daniel also maintains a business litigation practice, and regularly represents companies in high-stakes disputes. His practical, strategic approach has been successful in a wide variety of cases, including securities class actions, contract disputes, appeals, and commercial arbitration.
Investigations and Enforcement Actions
- Represented companies and their principals in investigation brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission relating to alleged misrepresentations to investors.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest competitive energy suppliers in an enforcement action brought by state regulators relating to alleged consumer fraud and deceptive sales practices.
- Represented two international competitive energy suppliers in an enforcement action brought by state regulators relating to alleged violations of health and safety rules during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Conducted a series of Title IX investigations on behalf of an internationally renowned university.
- Conducted an internal investigation of an international subsidiary of a multinational medical supply company.
- Represented publicly traded commercial aerospace manufacturer against securities class action alleging over $1 billion in damages.
- Represented consumer goods manufacturer in dispute with large retailer with over $16 million in damages.
- Represented growing nutrition company in dispute against licensing agent with alleged damages of over $10 million.
- Baker & Hostetler, LLP, Associate, 2017-2021
- Supreme Court Litigation Clinic, Member, 2016-2017
- with Honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Professional & Community Involvement
American Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association