Barbara Marques is a corporate attorney focusing her practice on cross-border M&A transactions, restructurings and joint ventures, with a particular focus on Latin America. Barbara advises corporate and sovereign issuers and their underwriters in registered and unregistered debt and equity capital markets transactions in the U.S. Barbara's experience includes drafting agreements and structuring private equity deals.
- Advised Centrais Elétricas Brasileiras S.A. (Eletrobras), Latin America's largest utility, as issuer in connection with its international offering and placement of its common shares outside Brazil, including a registered offering of American depositary shares in the United States. The company raised US$6.9 billion (R$29.3 billion), making this the second-largest equity deal of 2022, and the largest in the western hemisphere.
- Advised M. Dias Branco S.A. Indústria e Comércio de Alimentos, a Brazilian public held company and leader in cookies, crackers and pasta segments, in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Indústria de Produtos Alimenticios Piraqué S.A. The transaction Value was approx. $450 million (R$1.55 billion).
- Advised McCain do Brasil Ltda., a wholly owned subsidiary in Brazil of McCain Foods, in the acquisition of 49% equity stake of Forno de Minas Alimentos S.A., the deal was the first acquisition of McCain Group in Brazil.
- Advised Sinqia S.A., a Brazilian public held company, in the acquisition of several companies that provide software to the private pension industry, as well as in the acquisition of Itaú Soluções Previdenciárias.
- Clifford Chance, New York, NY, Foreign Law Clerk, 2021-2022
- Tozzinifreire Advogados, São Paulo, Brazil, Senior Associate, 2017-2021
- Azevedo Sette Advogados, Belo Horizonte, Brazil, Associate, 2010-2016
- Portuguese (native)
- New York
News & Insights
Barbara has authored articles in multiple publications in Brazilian law journals and magazines.