Thomas Gaughan serves as Honigman's Chief Operating Officer (COO) and a member of the firm’s senior management team. As COO, Tom oversees the business, financial, and administrative operations of the firm. He has more than thirty years of leadership experience that includes business and strategic planning, finance, business development, talent management, information technology, practice support, and operations services.
Prior to joining Honigman, Tom served as COO at ArentFox Schiff LLP, where he served as Co-Chief Operating Officer following the completion of a merger between Arent Fox LLP and Schiff Hardin LLP. He joined Schiff Hardin LLP in 2018 after having held earlier C-level law firm roles as a COO at Baker McKenzie and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for DLA Piper and Locke Lord. Tom also served in financial and administrative leadership roles for a privately-held group of technology companies — Systems Resources Consulting Inc. and Cosatech Inc. — and Baxter Healthcare.
- ArentFox Schiff LLP, Chief Operating Officer
- Baker McKenzie, Chief Operating Officer
- Locke Lord LLP, Chief Financial Officer
- Systems Resources Consulting Inc./Cosaweb, Inc., Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- DLA Piper, Chief Financial Officer
- with honors