Shayda Safapour is a Senior Manager for Business Development and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Client Initiatives.
In her Business Development (BD) role, she provides active operational management and oversight of all pitches and RFP responses for the Litigation and Regulatory departments as well as the Automotive and Manufacturing and Data, Privacy, and Cybersecurity industry groups. In addition, Shayda hosts and facilitates internal coaching programs with the Attorney Development & Recruitment department.
In her Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Client Initiatives role, she works with the Chief Diversity Officer on all DEI efforts, including communication strategies to promote DEI business priorities. Shayda supports the firm’s DEI goals with DEI surveys, sponsorships, conferences and client partnerships, as well as the Mansfield Rule program.
Shayda draws on her vast experience in the legal marketing and BD arena as well as her experience practicing law. She supports partners with strategic growth plans across various markets. Shayda takes a tailored and personalized approach to business development and DEI initiatives that emphasizes authenticity and creativity to support increased visibility and revenue.
- Baker McKenzie LLP, Business Development Professional, 2017-2018
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP, Marketing Manager, 2015-2017
- Cassiday Schade LLP, Marketing Manager, 2013-2015
- Persian/Farsi (fluent) and French (limited working proficiency)
- Graduate Fellowship
- English Literature
- Dean's List
- Honors College
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Professional & Community Involvement
- Illinois State Bar