Mark Hilpert is a tax and economic incentive consultant with more than 20 years of state and local tax experience in Michigan.
- Advises clients on state and local tax matters, particularly property tax issues, and assists in securing tax credits, grants, and other government economic development incentives
- Represents clients during tax audits and before state administrative agencies, including the Michigan Tax Tribunal
- Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Michigan Property Tax Assessor
- Served over eight years as Chairman of Michigan's State Tax Commission, three years as a Michigan Tax Tribunal Judge, and four years as Deputy State Treasurer
- Served as policy advisor to the Michigan State Senate and chief aide to the Senate Finance Committee
- Worked as a Senior Tax Manager at a "big four" accounting firm and a tax consultant at another major law firm
- Frequent lecturer on property tax and tax incentive topics at various organizations, including the Institute of Professionals in Taxation of the Michigan Realtors Association, Cooley Law School, Michigan Association of CPAs, Independent Accountants Association of Michigan, and the Council on State Taxation
- Published numerous papers and articles in various business journals
Wayne State University, M.A.
Wayne State University, B.A.
News & Insights
Seminars & Events
- Your Guide to Michigan Tax ResolutionEvent | Webinar | | The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) | Presenter
- Michigan Commercial Property Tax AppealsEvent | Frankenmuth, MI | | The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) | Co-presenter
- Planning for Your Personal Property Tax ExemptionEvent | Webinar | | Michigan Manufacturers Association | Co-presenter
- Event | Taylor, MI | | The Institute for Professionals in Taxation in cooperation with the Michigan Department of Treasury | Presenter