Lucy Yang is an intellectual property attorney with 17 years of experience as in-house counsel in the pharmaceutical industry and four years of experience as a chemist. She has significant experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications for inventions in small molecules, chemical processes, pharmaceutical formulations, novel methods of treatments, novel chemical forms, and vaccines.
- Experience in conducting patentability, patent validity, and freedom-to-operate opinions
- Provides counsel regarding human and animal health inventions
- Develops patent and product exclusivity strategies from discovery and development through clinic trials and product launches
- Manages IP portfolio and product exclusivity life cycle
- Experience in providing intellectual property support in Asia and Pacific countries, including China, working with independent patent firms and outside counsel
- Drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications in the U.S. and globally
- Pfizer Inc., Senior Corporate Counsel, 2003-2012
- Pharmacia & UpJohn, 1995-2003; Assistant General Counsel and Director, 2001-2003; Patent Attorney, 1995-2001
- Eli Lilly and Company, Organic Chemist, 1990-1992
- Ciba-Geigy, Associate Chemist, 1989-1990
- Purdue University, Chemistry Department, Research and Teaching Assistant, 1987-1989
University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law, J.D.
Purdue University, M.S.
- Organic Chemistry
Shanghai Normal University, China, B.S.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Professional & Community Involvement
American Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
American Intellectual Property Law Association
News & Insights
- Press Release |