Janice Harmon is a Senior Paralegal in the Corporate Department and has more than 20 years of legal experience.
- Focus practice in various areas of corporate law, including formation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships, and the preparation and filing of qualifications, amendments, mergers and acquisitions, conversions, dissolutions, and tax registrations in numerous states
- Extensive experience in transactional work; obtaining and analyzing due diligence; and conducting UCC, litigation, tax, and real estate searches, including experience with data rooms
- Draft and file UCC financing statements including amendment and terminations in numerous states
- Assist Tax Department with review of financial investments and update accountings for foundations
- Preparation and recording of real estate documents including deeds, assignments, construction liens, discharges, and review of legal descriptions and surveys, and zoning ordinances.
- Kerr, Russell and Weber, Corporate and Litigation Paralegal and E-Discovery Manager, 2005-2021.
Professional & Community Involvement
State Bar of Michigan, Paralegal Section
Detroit Bar Association, Paralegal Section
- Education Chair of the Paralegal Section, 2005-2006
- Organized Seminar which including tips for paralegals in drafting resumes, and conducted mock interviews