Janet Birkett is a senior paralegal in the Intellectual Property Department. She has more than 11 years of intellectual property experience.
- Maintains large and small client portfolios for worldwide applications
- Monitors various action items to keep applications in good standing
- Provides legal support to ensure the maintenance of clients' patent portfolios
- Researches and compiles information pertaining to the filing and prosecution of national and international intellectual property rights
- Prepares and files United States provisional, U.S. utility and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) patent applications, national phase applications, information disclosure statements, assignments, declarations, petitions, and responses for clients, foreign agents, governmental agencies, law firms, and corporations
- Works directly with attorneys, clients, and foreign associates in the filing, prosecution, and maintenance of U.S. and foreign patent applications
- Prepares legal documents for clients, foreign agents/associates, governmental agencies, other law firms, and corporations
Notary Public, Oakland County, 2017-present
University of Arizona, B.S.B.A.
- Business Administration
- Paralegal Certification