Jacob Drouillard is a partner in Honigman’s Corporate and Private Equity practices where he regularly represents private equity funds and privately held clients in complex business transactions, including leveraged buyouts, strategic mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, growth equity investments and recapitalizations. Additionally, Jacob regularly provides wide ranging legal advice to multiple private equity portfolio companies and other closely held businesses.
Jacob has led more than 250 transactions across the United States ranging in value from hundreds of thousands of dollars to over $1 billion covering a wide variety of industry sectors including manufacturing, technology, franchising, professional services, health care, hospitality and automotive.
Select representative clients include: Bold Rose Capital/ Bold Wash Capital (Greenwich, CT), CFC Underwriting (London UK), Levine Leichtman Capital Partners (Beverly Hills, CA), LightBay Capital Partners (Los Angeles, CA), Midsouth Spine and Pain Associates, LLC (Savannah, TN) Mountain Mikes Pizza (Newport Beach, CA), Nothing Bundt Cakes Franchising (Addison, TX), Oval Partners (Palo Alto, CA), Rockbridge Growth Equity (Detroit, MI), Sorenson Capital (Lehi, UT), Tronair, Inc. (Toledo, OH)
- Assisted in the acquisition of target companies in small bone and spine market segments by fully integrated medical device company
- Advised client in the acquisition of target companies in transportation and defense industries by international engineering group
- Represented client in the capitalization of natural gas compression equipment joint venture among strategic, private equity, and management investors
- Advised client in acquisition of distressed hospital network and related assets by regional healthcare system
- Provided guidance in acquisition of limestone provider pursuant to Bankruptcy Code section 363 sale
- Assisted a client in the sale of online video gaming business held by media publisher to media conglomerate
- Represented a client in the sale of high-end chain of health clubs held by national health club operator to private equity fund
- Winston & Strawn LLP, Corporate Associate, 2008-2010
- Latham & Watkins, Corporate Associate, 2004-2008
- Management Information Systems
- summa cum laude
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Recognized as a Rising Star, 2012-2014