Dawn Short is a paralegal coordinator in the Corporate Department with more than 15 years of legal experience.
- Concentrates practice in various areas of corporate law, including:
- Formation of profit and nonprofit corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships and the preparation and filing of qualifications, amendments, assumed names, mergers, conversions, dissolutions, annual reports, Employer Identification Number applications, and state tax registrations
- Transactional work, including preparation of closing checklists and corporate structure charts; obtaining and analyzing due diligence; and performing Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), litigation, and tax lien searches
- Drafting of ancillary transaction documents
- Facilitation of acquisition, merger, and financing transaction closings and preparation of closing sets
- Implementing and maintaining client document depository sites
- Maintains corporate records and governance documents of companies, including drafting of resolutions, bylaws, operating agreements, certificates, share subscriptions, affidavits, notes, and stock records
- UCC filings
- Assists in the preparation and filing of securities filings, including Form ID, Form D, and EDGAR filings
Madonna University, B.S.
- Paralegal Studies
- with highest honors
Henry Ford Community College, A.B.
- Legal Assistant
- summa cum laude
Professional & Community Involvement
State Bar of Michigan, Paralegal/Legal Assistant Section