Brandon Jackson is a member of the firm’s corporate and regulatory groups. Brandon concentrates his practice on representing and advising private equity portfolio companies and other businesses involved in the healthcare industry, including dental support organizations (DSOs), management service organizations (MSOs), physician practices, ambulatory surgical centers, and medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers. He counsels healthcare clients through the industry’s complex regulatory environment to help them maintain compliance with the laws and regulations that govern their day-to-day operations and impact their ability to scale through acquisitions, sale transactions, entity formations, and compliance programs. Brandon also facilitates transactions and corporate matters involving these practice areas by working closely with attorneys in the litigation, labor and employment, real estate, tax, and finance groups.
- Advises healthcare clients in fraud and abuse matters, with a particular focus on compliance with federal and state anti-kickback statutes, the Stark Law, the False Claims Act, and corporate practice of medicine and dentistry restrictions.
- Represents healthcare industry clients, and performs due diligence review, in connection with mergers, acquisitions, affiliations, and sale transactions.
- Negotiates contract terms for clinical trial agreements and similar clinical research arrangements on the behalf of sponsors, study centers, investigators and medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Advises on labeling, marketing, and proposed “off-label” activities and other materials for medical device and pharmaceutical companies with respect to FDA guidance and regulations.
- Drafts and negotiates commercial contracts including health care payor and credentialing contracts, physician employment agreements, management service arrangements, medical director agreements, HIPAA business associate agreements, commercial leasing and information technology matters, including licensing agreements, hosting agreements, and software as a service agreements.
- Counsels clients on general corporate law matters and organizational issues as outside general counsel.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Professional & Community Involvement
American College of Healthcare Executives
American Health Lawyers Association
Association of Dental Support Organizations
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.