Ron Sklar is an intellectual property attorney focusing his practice on patent litigation. He handles patent matters through various stages of the litigation process, including claim construction, fact and expert discovery, summary judgment, and trial in federal district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
- Represents clients in cases involving medical devices, semiconductors, computer software, hardware, telecommunications, cell phone technology, and search engine technology
- Represented a football helmet manufacturer in the Northern District of Illinois in defense of a patent infringement lawsuit and in two related petitions for inter partes review before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board; cases settled prior to trial
- Defended a leading navigation mapping and device company in two patent cases in the Eastern District of Texas and the Northern District of Illinois involving in-car navigation systems, location-based technologies, traffic detection and analysis systems, and computer software; cases settled prior to trial
- Defended a consumer products retailer in the Central District of California in defense of a copyright infringement lawsuit; case settled prior to trial
- Represented a leading cell phone designer and manufacturer against two competitors before the ITC on technology issues, including user interface and decoding of video and audio; ITC judge found competitors infringed two patents
- Secured a complete defense judgment in a multi-patent inventorship suit on behalf of a medical devices manufacturer against two prominent orthopedic surgeons who claimed that they should be named as inventors on three patents
- Represented management solutions corporation in the District of Minnesota on technology issues, including business-to-consumer channel management solutions; case settled prior to trial
- Defended semiconductor manufacturer in the District of Oregon on technology issues, including semiconductor production equipment; case settled prior to trial
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Associate, 2010-2016
- Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago, PILI Fellow, 2010
- Florida Marlins, Front Office Member, 2003-2006
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D.
- cum laude
- Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, Articles Editor
University of Michigan, B.S.E.
- Industrial Engineering
News & Insights
- Press Release |