Dr. Rachel Fadler is a patent agent in the Intellectual Property department, and she works on diverse matters in life sciences fields, including pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. She assists with drafting patent applications, preparing office action responses, and conducting due diligence. During her Ph.D., Dr. Fadler worked in a supramolecular chemistry laboratory, where she gained experience in small molecule organic synthesis and detailed data analyses for thermodynamic, kinetic, and mechanistic studies. Dr. Fadler’s research focused on threaded architectures (pseudorotaxanes), which have potential applications in molecular machines, gradient materials, and adhesives. Her research resulted in peer-reviewed publications, fellowships, and awards. Dr. Fadler is currently pursuing a Juris Doctor at Wayne State University Law School.
- Honigman LLP, Summer Associate
- Honigman LLP, Life Sciences Technology Specialist
- French (proficient)
- Major Track: Materials Chemistry
- Minor: Chemical and Physical Biology
- Minor: Inorganic Chemistry
- NIH T32 Quantitative and Chemical Biology Fellow at Indiana University Bloomington
- magna cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- International Symposium on Macrocyclic and Supramolecular Chemistry-2021 Poster Award (July 2021)
- NSF-REU Leadership Group (LG) Award: Oral Presentation at the Spring 2017 ACS National Meeting (April 2017)
News & Insights
- Fadler, R. E.; ‡ Dhara, A.;‡ Chen, Y.; Köttner, L. A.; Van Craen, ; Carta, V.; Flood, A.H. Orthogonal, modular anion-cation and cation-anion self-assembly using pre-programmed anion binding sites. Chem. Sci. 2023, 14, 2585-2595.
- ‡These authors contributed equally.
- Fadler, R. E.; Al Ouahabi, A.; Qiao, B.; Carta, V.; König, N. F.; Gao, X.; Zhao, W.; Zhang, Y.; Lutz, J.-F.; Flood, A. H. Chain Entropy Beats Hydrogen Bonds to Unfold and Thread Dialcohol Phosphates inside Cyanostar Macrocycles To Form Pseudorotaxanes. J. Org. Chem. 2021, 86, 4532-4546.
- Vogel, J., Chen, Y., Fadler, R. E., Flood, A. H., von Delius, M. Steric Control over the Threading of Pyrophosphonates with One or Two Cyanostar Macrocycles during Pseudorotaxane Formation. Chem. Eur. J. 2023, 29, e202300899.
- Dobscha, J. R.; Castillo, H. D.; Li, Y.; Fadler, R. E.; Taylor, R. D.; Brown, A. A.; Trainor, C. Q.; Tait, S. L.; Flood, A. H. Sequence-Defined Macrocycles for Understanding and Controlling the Build-up of Hierarchical Order in Self-Assembled 2D Arrays. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 17588-17600.
- Dobscha, J. R.; Debnath, S.; Fadler, R. E.; Fatila, E. M.; Pink, M.; Raghavachari, K.; Flood, A. H. Host–Host Interactions Control Self-assembly and Switching of Triple and Double Decker Stacks of Tricarbazole Macrocycles Co-assembled with anti-Electrostatic Bisulfate Dimers. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 9841-9852.