Peter Melsa is a patent agent in the Intellectual Property department. Peter has a broad range of knowledge and expertise in preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications for large and small companies, including Fortune 100 and 500 companies.
His practice areas have included 5G & cellular technologies, machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), data science, blockchain, business processes, insurance related technologies and processes, retail technologies, software, barcode scanners and related technologies, medical devices, communications, communication devices and systems, oil and gas operations, DNA optical sequencing systems, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), optics and optical systems, industrial process control systems, audience measurement, analog and digital circuits, small and large domestic appliances, consumer electronics, signal processing, virtual machines, medical imaging, and automated deployment of cloud-based computing systems.
Peter is also a named inventor on 23 granted U.S. patents.
- Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP, Patent Agent
- Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC, Patent Agent
- Brake Hughes Bellermann LLP, Patent Agent
- Whirlpool Corporation, Patent Agent
- Drinker, Biddle & Reath LLP, Patent Agent
- Texas Instruments Inc., Broadband Access Systems, Senior Systems Architect & Program Manager
- Tellabs Operations, Inc., Staff Research Engineer, Research Center
- ECE - Communications/Signal Processing, Mathematics minor
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Studies Fellowship
- Electrical Engineering
- summa cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Senior Member of IEEE in recognition of industry contributions in the areas of signal processing and communications
Elected Senior Member of Technical Staff, Texas Instruments, 2001