Nicholas Burandt is a litigation attorney who focuses on complex commercial litigation matters. He has experience litigating cases involving antitrust violations, breaches of contracts and warranties, civil fraud, products liability, misappropriation of intellectual property, and other high stakes business disputes in various state and federal courts, in Illinois, Michigan, and throughout the country.
Nick brings a unique perspective to his cases having started his legal career as a law clerk for a federal district court judge. With that experience, he is positioned to assist clients at all stages of litigation, including conducting legal research, drafting motions and briefs, managing discovery, taking and defending depositions, and preparing for oral argument and various evidentiary hearings.
He also is actively involved in the community. He volunteers at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chicago and assists college and law school students in mock trial programs around the country.
- Intensive Trial Advocacy, Notre Dame Law School, Research Assistant, 2016-2019
- Notre Dame Mediation Clinic, Student Mediator, 2018-2019
- Dykema Gossett PLLC, Summer Associate, 2018
- The Honorable Michael R. Barrett, U.S. District Court, S.D. Ohio, Legal Extern, 2017
- Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati, Law Clerk, 2017
- Hon. Damon R. Leichty, U.S. District Court, N.D. Indiana, Law Clerk, 2019-2020
- cum laude, Dean's List
- Journal of Law, Ethics, and Public Policy, Alumni Editor
- International and Arabic Studies
- magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit