Laura Biery is a litigation attorney who focuses on complex commercial litigation. She has experience litigating disputes in various state and federal courts, in Michigan, New York and throughout the country. Laura represents clients in various stages of litigation and has significant experience conducting legal research, handling discovery matters, and drafting pleadings and motions, including dispositive and pre-trial motions.
Laura's experience includes representing private equity firms and their portfolio companies in commercial litigation typically involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, and business torts, representing automotive manufacturers in commercial disputes with their suppliers, distributors, customers, and competitors, as well as representing companies and individuals in contract disputes, injunction proceedings, class action defense, antitrust matters, and other high stakes litigation.
- Successfully argued for dismissal of all claims against a national internet service provider.
- Represented a client as second-chair trial counsel in a bench trial involving real property issues.
- U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Michigan, Intern, 2016
- cum laude
- The Journal of Law in Society, Executive Article Editor
- Wayne Law Moot Court, Executive Director of In-House Competitions
- with Honors
- University of Chicago Women’s Swim Team
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- The Best Lawyers in America, Recognized as "One to Watch," 2021-2024
- Recognized in the area of Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Professional & Community Involvement
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
- State Bar of Michigan
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association