Essence Patterson focuses her practice on complex litigation matters. She has experience litigating contract disputes, shareholder disputes, data security and privacy disputes, class action matters, and commercial arbitration. She has experience in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Essence represents a variety of national and international companies in a broad range of industries, including automotive suppliers, consumer product manufacturers, and food and beverage companies. Her practice also includes drafting significant motions, including dispositive motions, and managing complex electronic discovery projects.
Essence serves as a university-provided advisor in Title IX hearings at the University of Michigan.
- Honorable Victoria A. Roberts, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Law Clerk, August 2020-August 2021; Judicial Extern, January 2020-May 2020
- Honorable Edward Ewell, Jr., Third Judicial Circuit of Michigan, Judicial Extern, August 2019-December 2019
- Wayne Law Review, Associate Editor
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Professional & Community Involvement
- Renaissance Head Start Program
- Board Member, 2022