Brandy Bruyere counsels financial institutions, and in particular credit unions, on consumer financial services laws, regulations, guidance and public policies. Her practice includes advice on Truth in Lending Act/Regulation Z, Equal Credit Opportunity Act/Regulation B, Gramm-Leach-Bliley/Regulation P, Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Military Lending Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, National Credit Union Act regulations and the Bank Secrecy Act.
Prior to joining Honigman, Brandy was Vice President Of Regulatory Compliance & Senior Counsel for the National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU). In this role, she oversaw NAFCU's regulatory compliance team which helps credit unions with a variety of compliance issues. Brandy is a NAFCU Certified Compliance Officer (NCCO).
- Counsel clients as to the applicability of RESPA to their business operations, marketing, and related arrangements including the prohibition against kickbacks and unearned fees
- Advise on federal mortgage regulatory compliance obligations including under TILA and RESPA
- Counsel clients on remedying consumer compliance violations by updating processes, procedures, and disclosures
- Assist clients in working with regulators to resolve examination findings and other alleged violations
- National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU), Vice President Of Regulatory Compliance & Senior Counsel, October 2021- December 2021; Vice President Of Regulatory Compliance, August 2015 – September 2021; Regulatory Compliance Counsel, December 2013 – August 2015
- University of Maryland, , September 2012 – December 2013
- cum laude
- District of Columbia
Professional & Community Involvement
American Bar Association, Business Law Section; Credit Union Committee, Co-Chair, Supervision Subcommittee, 2018-2021