Benjamin VanderWerp is a litigation attorney who focuses on complex commercial litigation matters. He has experience assisting with disputes in various state and federal courts, in Michigan and throughout the country. Benjamin assists in representing clients in various stages of litigation and has significant experience conducting legal research, handling discovery issues, and drafting motions, including dispositive and pre-trial motions.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Cincinnati, Ohio, Judicial Extern to the Honorable Helene N. White, 2018
Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- cum laude; Order of the Coif
- Governor’s Scholar; James K. Robinson Scholar
- Wayne Law Review, Production Editor
- Moot Court, Senior Member Coach
- Teaching Assistant, Civil Procedure
St. John's College, M.A.
- Liberal Arts
Grand Valley State University, B.A.
- cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
News & Insights
Benjamin J. VanderWerp, Awful Grammar: Toward a Resolution of 924(c)’s Unit of Prosecution, 65 Wayne L. Rev. 461 (2020)