Amanda Sytsma is a senior paralegal in the Intellectual Property Department. She has more than 12 years of intellectual property experience.
- Maintains large and small client portfolios for worldwide applications
- Monitors various action items to keep applications in good standing
- Provides legal support on a variety of tasks focused on intellectual property matters
- Researches and compiles information pertaining to national and international intellectual property rights
- Prepares and files United States provisional, U.S. utility and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) patent applications, national phase application, assignments, declarations, petitions, and responses for clients, foreign agents, governmental agencies, law firms, and corporations
- Works directly with attorneys, clients, and foreign associates in the filing, prosecution, and maintenance of U.S. and foreign patent applications
- Extensive experience utilizing patent software, including PattsyWave, USPTO website, EFS, WIPO website, Patentscope, and IPDAS
- Prepares legal documents for clients, foreign agents/associates, governmental agencies, other law firms, and corporations
- Prepares and maintains individual client status charts
- Gardner, Linn, Burkhart & Flory LLP, Legal Assistant, 2011-2018
- Van Dyke, Gardner, Linn & Burkhart, LLP, Legal Assistant, 2006-2011
Grand Valley State University, B.S.
- Legal Studies/Criminal Justice