Honigman has extensive knowledge and a track record of achieving positive results in resolving disputes among various automotive and manufacturing industry entities, including dealers, distributors, sales representatives, suppliers, customers, and investors. Our experience covers numerous issues, including disputes related to purchase and supply contracts, loan agreements, product warranties, product safety and liability, antitrust activities, trade secrets, and employment and non-compete agreements. Dispute resolution takes many forms, including mediation, arbitration and litigation. Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked Honigman’s Litigation practice in the top tier in Michigan for several years, as well as among the top practices in Illinois since we expanded to Chicago.
Our lawyers work closely with industry experts, financial consultants, and intellectual property specialists to maximize outcomes that meet the needs of clients.
- Represented global automotive manufacturers in multimillion-dollar troubled supplier litigation, including:
- Defended products liability cases involving a wide variety of automotive and other products
- Enforced exclusive distribution agreements
- Handled breach of warranty and unfair business practices claims
- Defended automaker finance units in lender liability claims
- Prosecuted and defended claims in tort and resulting from breach of contract and warranties
- Obtaining injunctions requiring suppliers demanding price increases to continue to supply product
- Orders providing for the extraction of customer-owned tooling and other property
- Court recognition of customers' set-off rights against suppliers' payment demands