Nick Harned is an experienced healthcare attorney focusing his practice on advising clients in connection with healthcare regulatory, corporate, and transactional matters.
- Provides strategic legal advice to business leaders and general counsel regarding health care regulatory compliance, analysis of risk, intellectual property concerns, and the structure of commercial transactions.
- Represents healthcare industry clients in mergers and acquisitions, joint venture and similar affiliation arrangements.
- Negotiates clinical trial agreements and similar clinical research arrangements on behalf of health care providers, study sponsors, principle investigators, and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Counsels healthcare providers regarding state and federal health care regulatory issues, including federal and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws, and state laws and regulations governing interactions between physicians and manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and medical devices, Medicare provider and practitioner enrollment, facility licensure and certification, clinical research regulations, tax exemption, and healthcare compliance programs.
- Drafts and negotiates consulting, technology and software development, software licensing and SaaS, and collaboration agreements.
- Provides legal advice regarding proposed marketing activities and promotional materials for health care consulting services in light of FDA regulations and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics.
- Advises covered entities and business associates with regarding HIPAA, HITECH, and state health information privacy laws, including developing and implementing health information privacy and security policies and procedures, drafting and negotiating business associate agreements, and coordinating investigations of and responses to suspected breaches.
- Drafts, analyzes, and negotiates health care payor contracts, physician employment agreements, nurse practitioner collaboration agreements, medical director agreements, exclusive provider agreements, vendor sales contracts, and practice management agreements.
- Represents banks and commercial lenders in connection with the structuring, negotiating and documenting asset-based, cash-flow and real estate loan transactions with health industry borrowers.
- Axiom Global, Attorney
- Vedder Price, P.C., Associate
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, LL.M.
- Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.
- cum laude
University of Wisconsin, B.S.
- Wisconsin (inactive)
Professional & Community Involvement
Illinois State Bar Association
Wisconsin Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Illinois Health Lawyers Association