Jeffrey Hyman has over 30 years experience advising companies and executives on executive compensation matters. Jeffrey:
- Designs and drafts executive compensation plans, award agreements, and related documents, including for incentive stock options, nonqualified stock options, stock appreciation rights, profits interests, restricted and unrestricted stock and capital interest grants, restricted stock units, and phantom equity arrangements
- Handles executive compensation matters in connection with mergers and acquisitions, including exercise versus cancellation of stock options, rollovers, and Internal Revenue Code section 280G and 4999 calculations, analyses, waiver agreements, and shareholder disclosure and voting
- Has substantial experience in all other areas of tax law relating to executive compensation, including Internal Revenue Code sections 83, 409A, 422, 162(m), and 451
- Also provides general tax advice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, equipment leasing, financings, and spin-offs
University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
University of Michigan, B.A.
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2020-2024
- Recognized in the practice area of Tax Law