Job Posting – Business Immigration Staff Attorney
AM Law 200 Firm, Honigman LLP, is looking for smart, highly motivated and organized self-starters with a commitment to legal excellence to join the Firm’s highly regarded and internationally recognized Business Immigration Practice Group as a Staff Attorney. Honigman is a premier business law firm with offices in Chicago, across Michigan and Washington, DC with an international practice. Regularly honored as one of the Best and Brightest Places to Work nationally and regionally, we earned this recognition by hiring the best people and providing them with a great place to work and amazing employee benefits. With more than 350 attorneys practicing in 60 different areas of concentration, Honigman prides itself on understanding clients’ businesses and being exceptionally responsive to their business goals and needs.
POSITION SUMMARY, HIGH-LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Honigman's Business Immigration team is comprised of a team of attorneys with experience in a wide range of areas related to the business immigration industry. This Staff Attorney will support all aspects of our Business Immigration Practice, including the preparation of complex immigration petitions for sophisticated national and international clients.
The attorney hired into this role will be expected to:
- Prepare complex immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applications;
- Assist with the PERM labor certification process on behalf of companies in a wide range of industries;
- Research, summarize, and/or review agency guidance, cases, regulations, and statutes related to complex immigration issues;
- Interact with various outside entities, including but not limited to clients, governmental agencies and officials, and other law firms;
- Deliver high quality work-product and effectively communicate at all levels of the Firm;
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills;
- Exhibit highly responsive and efficient work habits;
- Strive to continuously improve knowledge, skills and abilities and seek guidance and feedback to improve performance and productivity;
- Take responsibility for enhancing expertise, in addition to seeking out formal and informal training; and
- Collaborate with practice group members to serve clients effectively.
Candidates with varied levels of experience are encouraged to apply, but we ask that each applicant meet the qualifications noted below:
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited institution;
- Licensed Illinois, Michigan or Washington, D.C. attorney in good standing; candidates outside the firm’s geographic footprint interested in working remotely are also encouraged to apply;
- Minimum of 2 years of business immigration experience;
- Ability to prepare highly accurate petitions and documents with limited supervision;
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under significant time constraints; and
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
In addition to highly competitive compensation, Honigman offers many benefits, including comprehensive medical coverage and dental care projects, life and disability insurance, student loan refinancing and consolidation services, open/flexible vacation policy, and a 40l(k) plan.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your résumé, law school transcript and cover letter to AttorneyRecruiting@honigman.com, referencing Business Immigration Staff Attorney in the subject line of your submission.
Honigman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, and termination.