Honigman’s White Collar Crime and Investigations Practice Group provides skilled and experienced representation in matters relating to investigations, criminal prosecutions and civil enforcement in federal and state courts throughout the country. Our clients include both public and private corporations as well as individuals. We have substantive experience with a variety of industries, including national and international manufacturing and sales, environmental, retail, construction, professional services and health care.
Our Practice Group includes former federal prosecutors and other distinguished professionals with many years of experience as practitioners, lecturers and authors in the field of white collar crime. We address matters relating to federal and state grand jury subpoenas, electronic surveillance, computer crime, federal and state taxation, the environment, fraud, public and private corruption, securities, workplace regulations, qui tam actions, and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). On the civil side, we guide clients through civil penalty and contract debarment issues that often arise after the conclusion of a criminal investigation.
Honigman's attorneys provide counseling and assistance to decision makers whose judgments may have potential criminal law implications. We advise on and conduct internal corporate investigations of possible criminal or unethical activities, and also aid in communications to federal and state criminal and regulatory officials regarding those investigations. Our attorneys also can help those who become involved as victims of criminal activities at the hands of their employees or others.
Honigman has been notably successful in persuading federal and state authorities not to pursue civil or criminal sanctions against our clients. However, when necessary, we have significant experience in the courtroom, including representations in noteworthy criminal matters of national interest and of legal import.
News & Resources
- Richard Zuckerman quoted in the Detroit, Macomb County and Oakland County Legal News article “Legal issues surround bill related to use of narcotics”(October 8, 2010)
- Jennifer Zbytowski Belveal and Julie E. Robertson featured in Michigan Lawyers Weekly article “Women’s Work: Is work-life balance really attainable in the legal profession?”(May 31, 2010)
- Richard Zuckerman quoted in the Michigan Lawyers Weekly article "Bribery crackdowns are expanded"(March 1, 2010)
- 130 Honigman attorneys named in the 2015 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 8, 2015)
- 129 Honigman attorneys named in the 2013 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 17, 2013)
- Honigman ranked nationally by U.S. News - Best Lawyers® 2013 “Best Law Firms”(November 12, 2012)
- 100 Honigman attorneys named in Best Lawyers® in America for 2013(September 20, 2012)
- Honigman ranked nationally in 2011 U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers®(November 16, 2011)
- Honigman attorneys named in Best Lawyers® in America for 2012(November 7, 2011)
- Honigman leads Michigan law firms with most Super Lawyers and "Rising Stars"(September 20, 2011)
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2010 recognizes 64 Honigman attorneys(October 22, 2010)
- Seventy-seven Honigman attorneys named Best Lawyers(August 23, 2010)
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2009 recognizes 59 Honigman Attorneys(October 21, 2009)
- Seventy-six Honigman attorneys named in 2010 edition of Best Lawyers®(September 16, 2009)
- It's a Small World After All: Internal Compliance for Global Clients, Management Information & Business Show, The Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA), Novi, MIJune 29, 2016
- Governmental and Internal Investigations: What In-House and Outside Counsel Need to Know, The Commercial Litigation Committee, In-House Counsel Committee and Small Business Forum of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, Troy, MINovember 20, 2014
- 2014 Midwest Securities Law Institute, A one-day course for private practice attorneys, corporate counsel, arbitrators, and financial industry professionals, Michigan State University College of Law and the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan, East Lansing, MIOctober 10, 2014
- SEC Enforcement Update, Midwest Securities Law Institute, Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, MIOctober 10, 2014
- Auto Supplier Antitrust Investigations and How to Protect Your Company, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP, WebinarMarch 8, 2012
- e-Discovery in the Securities Industry2007
- Recent Significant Sixth Circuit Opinions Concerning Securities and Corporate Governance Litigation(October 1, 2011)Michigan Business Law Journal, Vol. 31, Issue 3
- Attorney General's Prosecutorial Investigative Subpoena Manual
- Administrative Rules of the Michigan Gaming Control Board
- Michigan Gaming Control and Revenue Act(1996)MCL 432.201, et seq, as amended by 1996 PA 69
- DOJ and SEC Issue Position on U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act(November 16, 2012)
- New Whistleblower Rules and Recent Decisions(October 20, 2010)