Honigman’s Labor/Management Relations Practice Group provides an experienced, knowledgeable and common sense approach to addressing the myriad labor issues that confront employers on a daily basis. Members of the Traditional Labor and Collective Bargaining practice group provide a wide array of services to our clients which include assisting businesses in maintaining union-free work places, acting as chief negotiator during labor negotiations with unions, handling labor arbitrations, and representation at the NLRB. Our goal is delivering high quality legal services that assist our clients in achieving their objectives, including maintaining solid, stable employee relations.
We have represented employers across the country in the automotive, steel, plastics, manufacturing, advertising, pharmaceutical, retail, construction, food, health care, financial, and other service sector industries in labor negotiations and their relationships with labor unions. The Traditional Labor and Collective Bargaining practice group help resolve issues arising from administering labor contracts. Our team also provides guidance to clients during union organizing campaigns working in a collaborative manner with managers and supervisors.
When labor disputes arise, we move swiftly to obtain the legal protections that our clients required whether it is in courts or before the NLRB and state agencies.
News & Resources
- The New FMLA Regulations - Best Practices to Ensure FMLA Compliance, Labor & Employment Webinar, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP, Detroit, MIJanuary 2009
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Michigan Public Employee Labor Relations Association Annual Conference
- Reductions in Force, Michigan Public Employee Labor Relations Association Annual Conference
- The Employment Rights of Handicapped Workers, Michigan Public Employee Labor Relations Association Annual Conference
- Minimum Wage and Overtime Update, Employment Law Seminar, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLPSeptember 2006
- Fair Labor Standards Act Update: The Fair Pay Rules, Employment Law Seminar, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLPOctober 2004
- Leave Laws: Michigan(September 2011)Practical Law Company
- Michigan Judge’s Guide to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act(2009)Service to Soldiers: Legal Assistance Referral Program, Thomas M. Cooley Law School’s Center for Ethics, Service, and Professionalism
- Union Perspective of Drug Testing of Public Employees(1988)The Journal of Law and Education