Honigman’s Noncompete Agreements and Trade Secrets Practice Group represents clients in disputes involving non-competition agreements and the related protection, use and ownership of trade secrets and proprietary information.
Our attorneys conduct trade secret and related audits, as well as prepare restrictive covenants that are tailored to each client’s business, including noncompetition, nonsolicitation, confidentiality and invention agreements. We counsel clients on issues relating to the separation and post-employment activities of executives, senior management, inventors and other valuable employees. In addition, we assist our clients in minimizing the risks associated with the recruitment and retention of key personnel working for competitors.
Honigman aggressively prosecutes and defends claims for breach of noncompetition agreements, breach of nonsolicitation agreements, breach of fiduciary duties, employee raiding, unfair competition, breach of invention agreements, and misappropriation of trade secrets. Our attorneys act decisively to ensure that individuals immediately comply with all contractual, statutory and common law obligations to our clients.
News & Resources
- Application of Work Product and Attorney Client Privilege to Real Life Situations, ABA Women of the Section of Litigation Conference, Chicago, ILNovember 2014
- When a Top Executive Leaves to Join "The Bad Guys", ABA Section of Litigation: Corporate Counsel Committee, Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 2014
- Ethical Lessons from a Famous Whistleblower Case, Thomas Cooley Law School, Auburn Hills, MIJune 28, 2012
- Essential Functions, Qualification Standards, and Production Standards, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Training Institute: Reasonable Accommodation and the ADA, Detroit, MIJune 2012
- Special Day Behind the Scenes - A Litigator’s Perspective, Federal Bar Association Eastern District of Michigan Diversity CommitteeMarch 2012
- Medical Residents, Students and Faculty: ADA Accommodation Issues and Challenges, American Health Lawyers Association, Washington, D.C.January 2012
- The New FMLA Regulations - Best Practices to Ensure FMLA Compliance, Labor & Employment Webinar, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP, Detroit, MIJanuary 2009
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Michigan Public Employee Labor Relations Association Annual Conference
- Reductions in Force, Michigan Public Employee Labor Relations Association Annual Conference
- Workplace Privacy: Monitoring Your Employees, Honigman Labor & Employment Seminar, Troy, MINovember 2007
- Opportunities Within the Legal Profession, The Black Undergraduate Law Association, University of Michigan, Membership Meeting, Ann Arbor, MINovember 2007
- The Employment Rights of Handicapped Workers, Michigan Public Employee Labor Relations Association Annual Conference
- Minimum Wage and Overtime Update, Employment Law Seminar, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLPSeptember 2006
- Fair Labor Standards Act Update: The Fair Pay Rules, Employment Law Seminar, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLPOctober 2004
- Protecting Trade Secrets in the Cloud(October 2014)National Law Review
- Leave Laws: Michigan(September 2011)Practical Law Company
- Trade Secret Laws: Michigan(September 2011)Practical Law Company
- Michigan Judge’s Guide to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act(2009)Service to Soldiers: Legal Assistance Referral Program, Thomas M. Cooley Law School’s Center for Ethics, Service, and Professionalism
- Union Perspective of Drug Testing of Public Employees(1988)The Journal of Law and Education