Honigman has substantial experience defending investigations by, litigating against, and working with, the Federal Trade Commission, Department of Justice and European Commission. Examples include the following:
- In the Matter of Texas Surgeons, P.A. Defense of an antitrust investigation by the Federal Trade Commission and Texas Attorney General and negotiation of a consent decree on behalf of an Austin, Texas network of general surgeons.
- U.S. v. Federation of Certified Surgeons and Specialists. Defense of a Department of Justice investigation and negotiation of a consent agreement on behalf of a Florida network of general surgeons.
- Defended FTC investigation of consolidated physician practice in Indiana.
- Defended Department of Justice investigation of automotive parts joint venture.
- U.S. v. Mercy Health Services. Defense of hospital merger.
- Defended government investigations of mergers in the automobile parts, hospital, mainframe computer software, design computer software, supermarket, oil field services equipment and home hardware industries.
- Advocated government challenges of mergers (and in some cases) worked with government agencies on those challenges, in the hospital and computer testing and debugging software industries.
- Represented merging hospitals in Port Huron, Michigan in negotiating a consent agreement with the Federal Trade Commission.
- Advocated investigation of unfair trade practices before the European Commission.
- Participated in investigation and defense of cartel issues before the European Commission.
- Defended FTC/state attorney general investigation of physician merger in Pennsylvania.