Honigman provides a wide variety of legal services relating to securities laws, corporate governance and relevant matters for publicly traded automotive and manufacturing companies, including compliance with the requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission, national securities exchanges, and other applicable federal and state laws. We have comprehensive experience in representation related to corporate governance, including regulatory requirements; director and officer duties and liabilities; indemnification of directors and officers; and internal investigations.
Examples of our experience in this area include:
- Advised boards of directors and committees of boards of directors regarding their composition and procedures, including the enhanced role of audit, compensation and nominating and corporate governance committees
- Assisted with the establishment or modification of board committee charters, governance guidelines, codes of conduct, self-evaluation systems, corporate reporting, disclosure and certification systems and other corporate programs, policies and procedures to comply with current requirements and best practices
- Advised companies, boards, committees and individual directors in the context of change in control transactions, auditor and executive succession, financial reporting changes and irregularities, financing transactions and shareholder or other litigation matters
- Conducted internal investigations on behalf of companies, boards of directors and audit committees, and responding to informal and formal Securities and Exchange Commission, stock exchanges or other investigations
- Assisted in designing and structuring executive compensation plans to meet corporate goals and new legislative and regulatory requirements