Honigman’s lawyers have deep experience advising automotive and manufacturing clients on a wide array of matters involving complex information technology and business process outsourcing transactions, both domestic and international, and the legal, technical and operational challenges arising in technology procurement and implementation.
We advise clients on the acquisition of high-tech plant floor manufacturing systems, software licensing, software development (on and off-shore), enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, systems integrations, back office processing services and agreements related to application service providers (ASP),software as a service (SaaS), technology licensing, hosting and data center, telecommunications and network management, and hardware acquisition and maintenance. In addition, we have significant experience in assisting our automotive and manufacturing clients with respect to technology due diligence and technology transfer issues, and the development and negotiation of transition services agreements in connection with business acquisitions and dispositions.
- Represented a multi-national Tier 1 automotive supplier outsourcing its global IT functions, including application development and maintenance, data center services, telecommunications network management services, non-production procurement services, and finance and accounting services
- Represented a multi-national Tier 1 automotive supplier in connection with structuring transition service agreements to provide for the continued provision of back office and IT services to multiple plants and subsidiaries of the supplier that were divested
- Advised a global manufacturer of pump systems, fluid filtration devices and air handling systems in a global ERP system implementation
- Counseled a multi-national Tier 1 automotive supplier in restructuring its strategic enterprise-wide information technology and business process outsourcing contracts
- Represented a multi-national Tier 1 automotive supplier in negotiation of an IT outsourcing agreement for the provision of services in more than 20 countries
- Assisted a multi-national Tier 1 automotive supplier in connection with its acquisition of voice and data communications services on a global basis
- Advised manufacturers in connection with the termination of outsourcing agreements with troubled service providers and the transition to new service providers
- Represented a leading global technology services provider in negotiating a series of outsourcing agreements with an automotive OEM with a combined contract value in excess of $700 million
- Counseled manufacturing companies in connection with the competitive bidding process for ERP software licensing and implementation by the successful bidder