Honigman has extensive knowledge and demonstrable results resolving disputes among the various participants in the automotive and manufacturing industry including dealers, distributors, sales representatives, suppliers, customers and investors. Our experience covers numerous issues, including disputes related to purchase and supply contracts, loan agreements, product warranties, product safety and liability, antitrust activities, trade secrets, employment agreements and agreements not to compete. Dispute resolution takes many forms, including mediation, arbitration and litigation. Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business ranks Honigman’s Litigation Department number one in Michigan and among the top practices in Illinois.
Our lawyers work closely with industry experts, financial consultants and intellectual property specialists to maximize outcomes that meet the needs of clients.
- Represented global automotive manufacturers in multi-million dollar troubled supplier litigation, including:
- Defended products liability cases involving a wide variety of automotive and other products
- Enforced exclusive distribution agreements
- Handled breach of warranty and unfair business practices claims
- Defended automaker finance units in lender liability claims
- Prosecuted and defended claims in tort and resulting from breach of contract and warranties
- Obtaining injunctions requiring suppliers demanding price increases to continue to supply product
- Orders providing for the extraction of customer-owned tooling and other property
- Court recognition of customers setoff rights against suppliers payment demands