Our clients range from entrepreneurs and start-ups to regional companies and large, multinational corporations. Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, published by London-based Chambers and Partners, ranks Honigman’s Mergers and Acquisitions practice number one in Michigan.
As the top corporate law firm in Michigan, Honigman has been involved in numerous acquisition and sale transactions for automotive/manufacturing and related businesses. We offer the multiple legal services required for the purchase, sale, joint venture or initial start-up of a business. As a result, our clients look to us for assistance from the very beginning – coordinating the transaction, including initial confidentiality agreements and preliminary negotiations of the term sheet – through due diligence investigations, detailed deal point negotiations and final documentation.
- Represented Asian buyer of two operating divisions from major U.S. Tier 1 supplier, with operations in the U.S. and 10 other countries, including Mexico, U.K., Poland, India and China
- Assisted major auto manufacturer in the sale of subsidiary luxury brand auto manufacturer in Europe to Middle Eastern buyer
- Represented auto manufacturers in the acquisition of various manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Mexico from Tier 1 suppliers
- Represented auto manufacturers in the disposition of various manufacturing facilities in the U.S.
- Represented U.S. auto parts manufacturer in its acquisition from a Canadian public corporation of a manufacturing division with operations in China (a wholly foreign owned China entity) and Canada (two separate manufacturing locations)
- Represented aftermarket auto parts suppliers in its acquisition of a regional competitor
- Represented a publicly held U.S. Tier 1 automotive supplier in the sale of its Midwestern and Southeastern manufacturing plants
- Represented a Michigan private equity fund in the acquisition of an Illinois manufacturer of chassis and suspension components for the agricultural and automotive industries
- Represented a German company in the acquisition of U.K., European and U.S. aerospace operations of a Fortune 100 company
- Represented an electronics component manufacturer in the sale of its business to a Chicago private equity fund