Honigman’s Corporate/M&A, Litigation and Real Estate practices receive the highest 2011 ranking in Chambers USA
Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP (Honigman) is the only Michigan law firm to receive a first tier ranking for Corporate/M&A and Real Estate in the 2011 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers). Honigman’s Litigation Department also received the first tier ranking along with two other Michigan firms.
In addition, Honigman’s Corporate/M&A and Litigation practices have more Leading Attorneys noted in Chambers’ rankings than any other Michigan firm. Firm Partner and Real Estate Chair Lawrence D. McLaughlin was designated a “star” in the real estate law practice. Chambers states that McLaughlin is “the undisputed leader in Michigan’s real estate market, described by one client as ‘the best development attorney I have ever worked with.’ ” McLaughlin is the only Michigan attorney to be named a real estate “star” every year since 2007 and is one of only three “star” attorneys in Michigan in 2011. A total of twenty-one Honigman attorneys were listed in all practice areas noted in Chambers.
This is the eighth consecutive year that the firm’s Corporate/M&A and Real Estate practices have received Chambers’ highest ranking in Michigan. This is the seventh consecutive year that Honigman’s Litigation practice has received Chambers’ highest ranking in Michigan. Other practices ranking in the top three Chambers’ tiers are Employee Benefits; Labor and Employment; and Banking and Finance. Annually, Chambers rates law firms and individual attorneys by objectively surveying thousands of attorneys and their clients.
The following individuals at Honigman were named Leading Attorneys by Chambers in 2011 (the practice areas appear below as designated by Chambers, as well as the Honigman office where each attorney is located):
- Ankers, Norman, Litigation (Detroit)
- Aviv, Joseph, Litigation (Bloomfield Hills)
- Baty, Donald, Banking & Finance (Detroit)
- Burstein, Richard, Real Estate (Bloomfield Hills)
- DeMars, Gregory, Real Estate (Detroit)
- Fink, Herschel, Litigation (Detroit)
- Foltyn, David, Corporate/M&A (Detroit)
- Friedman, Michael, Employee Benefits (Detroit)
- Henney, Raymond, Litigation (Detroit)
- Kaye, Barbara, Corporate/M&A (Ann Arbor)
- Kunz, Donald, Corporate/M&A (Detroit)
- Lewis, Denise, Real Estate (Detroit)
- Luckoff, Howard, Real Estate (Bloomfield Hills)
- McLaughlin, Lawrence, Real Estate (Detroit)
- Parsigian, David, Corporate/M&A (Ann Arbor)
- Sable, E. Todd, Banking & Finance (Detroit)
- Sargent, William, Labor & Employment (Detroit)
- Schermerhorn, Gregory, Employee Benefits (Detroit)
- Schwartz, Alan S., Corporate/M&A (Detroit)
- Weiss, Robert, Banking & Finance (Detroit)
- Zuckerman, Richard, Litigation (Detroit)
About Chambers (from its website)
Since 1990, Chambers has published the world’s leading guides to the legal profession and has built a reputation for in-depth, objective research. We have a team of 100 highly qualified full-time researchers who conduct thousands of interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Working with our editors, they identify and rank the world’s best lawyers (i.e. those who perform best according to the criteria most valued by clients – such as technical expertise, business acumen, prompt delivery, value for money). For more information visit www.chambersandpartners.com.