Honigman's Real Estate, Corporate/M&A and Litigation practices rank No. 1 in Chambers USA for six consecutive years
For the sixth consecutive year, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP’s (Honigman) Real Estate; Corporate/Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A); and Litigation: General Commercial practices have achieved a number one rating in the legal research publication Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers). In addition, Honigman’s Real Estate and Corporate/(M&A) practices have been the only number one ranked firm in Michigan for the past three years.
Chambers also rated Honigman's Employee Benefits and Labor and Employment practices among the top three in the state for the fifth year in a row and Banking and Finance among the top three in Michigan for the last two years.
With regard to Honigman’s Real Estate practice, Chambers 2010 states, “This firm retains its position as the market leader in Michigan, with a particularly formidable presence in the retail sector.” In addition to Honigman’s Real Estate Department’s stellar ranking, its Chair, Lawrence McLaughlin, has been named by Chambers as a “star” in this legal practice for four consecutive years.
When describing Honigman’s Corporate/M&A practice, Chambers USA 2010 notes, “This corporate powerhouse continues to be unanimously recognized as a leader in Michigan, and is particularly renowned for it work on behalf of the automotive industry.”
In its description of Honigman’s Litigation Department, Chambers 2010 states “This leading practice offers expertise in the full range of commercial litigation issues.”.
The following individuals at Honigman were named Leading Attorneys by Chambers in 2010 (the practice area appears below as designated by Chambers):
- Ankers, Norman, Litigation: General Commercial (Detroit)
- Aviv, Joseph, Litigation: General Commercial (Bloomfield Hills)
- Baty, Donald, Banking & Finance: Bankruptcy (Detroit)
- Burstein, Richard, Real Estate (Bloomfield Hills)
- DeMars, Gregory, Real Estate (Detroit)
- Fink, Herschel, Litigation: General Commercial (Detroit)
- Foltyn, David, Corporate/M&A (Detroit)
- Friedman, Michael, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Detroit)
- Henney, Raymond, Litigation: General Commercial (Detroit)
- Kunz, Donald, Corporate/M&A (Detroit)
- Lewis, Denise, Real Estate (Detroit)
- Luckoff, Howard, Real Estate (Bloomfield Hills)
- McLaughlin, Lawrence, Real Estate (Detroit)
- Parsigian, David, Corporate/M&A (Ann Arbor)
- Sable, E. Todd, Banking & Finance: Bankruptcy (Detroit)
- Sargent, William, Labor & Employment (Detroit)
- Schermerhorn, Gregory, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Detroit)
- Schwartz, Alan S., Corporate/M&A (Detroit)
- Weiss, Robert, Banking & Finance: Bankruptcy (Detroit)
- Zuckerman, Richard, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (Detroit)
Through interviews with peers, competing law firms and significant purchasers of legal services, London-based publisher Chambers & Partners rates business lawyers at U.S. law firms by state within a selected set of key practice areas. In Michigan, Chambers & Partners ranked law firms and lawyers in the following six categories: Real Estate; Corporate/M&A; Labor and Employment; Litigation: General Commercial; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; and Banking & Finance.