Honigman Garners Band One Rankings from Chambers USA for Corporate/M&A and Real Estate Practices
26 Attorneys Receive Individual Rankings, the Most of Any Michigan Law Firm
For the eighth consecutive year, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP is the only Michigan law firm to receive the highest ranking, Band One, for its Corporate/M&A and Real Estate practices in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA, the prestigious directory of leading U.S. business law firms and lawyers. The firm also achieved a Band One ranking for its Litigation practice, along with individual rankings for 26 lawyers with seven of those lawyers achieving Band One or higher. Honigman had more attorneys rated than any other law firm in Michigan. The firm’s Corporate/M&A, Real Estate and Litigation practices serve clients locally, nationally and internationally.
Honigman lawyers rated Band One or higher are:
- David Foltyn (Corporate/M&A - Detroit) *Eminent Practitioner
- Philip J. Kessler (Litigation: General Commercial - Detroit)
- Donald J. Kunz (Corporate/M&A - Detroit )
- Howard N. Luckoff (Real Estate - Bloomfield Hills)
- Lawrence D. McLaughlin (Real Estate - Detroit and Bloomfield Hills) *Star Individual - given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field
- Lowell D. Salesin (Real Estate - Bloomfield Hills)
Three Honigman lawyers were distinguished as “Up and Coming” ranked individuals “at the forefront of their generation” who are driving their firm's growth: Tricia A. Sherick (Banking & Finance: Bankruptcy - Detroit) and Phillip D. Torrence (Corporate/M&A - Kalamazoo).
Additional Honigman lawyers recognized as “Notable Practitioners” by Chambers USA are:
- Joseph Aviv (Litigation: General Commercial - Bloomfield Hills)
- Donald F. Baty, Jr. (Banking & Finance: Bankruptcy - Detroit)
- Richard J. Burstein (Real Estate - Bloomfield Hills)
- Gregory J. DeMars (Real Estate - Detroit)
- Michael D. DuBay (Corporate/M&A - Detroit)
- Raymond W. Henney (Litigation: General Commercial - Detroit)
- Barbara A. Kaye (Corporate/M&A - Ann Arbor)
- David N. Parsigian (Corporate/M&A - Ann Arbor)
- J. Adam Rothstein (Real Estate - Bloomfield Hills)
- E. Todd Sable (Banking & Finance: Bankruptcy - Detroit)
- William D. Sargent (Labor & Employment - Detroit)
- Gregory G. Schermerhorn (Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation - Detroit)
- Alan S. Schwartz (Corporate/M&A - Detroit)
- Samuel T. Stahl (Corporate/M&A - Detroit)
- I.W. Winsten (Litigation: General Commercial - Detroit)
- Richard E. Zuckerman (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations - Detroit)
In addition, Chambers recognized Honigman’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice with a Band Two ranking and its Banking & Finance and Labor & Employment practices with a Band Three ranking.
Chambers describes Honigman’s Corporate/M&A practice as a “comprehensive practice with a particular focus on transactional work in the middle market” and “preeminent in the M&A arena and dominant in the state for private equity matters.” In addition, Chambers states that Honigman “leads the way in venture capital work, and is a popular choice of counsel for securities and corporate governance issues.”
According to Chambers, Honigman’s Real Estate practice is a “preeminent group with excellent bench strength, and an excellent choice to handle high-profile and complex matters” and Honigman “excels in work concerning the retail sector, and is also highly recommended for its strengths in hospitality, affordable housing and construction planning.”
Chambers noted that Honigman’s Litigation practice is a “comprehensive team with strength across a broad range of disputes, including product liability, employment, and banking and finance” and is also “noted for its expertise in antitrust, IP and franchise litigation, and maintains a fine reputation for its cross-border work” and it “offers additional strength in alternative dispute resolution.”
Chambers rankings are determined through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients nationally. The results are audited independently and are based on a range of professional qualities most valued by clients.