Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn Expands Its Health Care Department
November 1, 2001With the recent hiring of three experienced health care attorneys, the firm continues to have the largest health care department in Michigan. In the past year the practice has grown to 17 attorneys, adding depth to each of the practice's specialty areas.
Members of the firm's health care department are experts in health care compliance, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act), professional liability insurance, managed care and tax exemption matters. The addition of seven new members to our department this year greatly enhances the depth and scope of our services. This expansion is reflective of the increase in service requested of our health care practice and our commitment to remain responsive to the needs of all of our clients. We've already established a national presence in this practice and are now even stronger. The health care department concentrates its efforts in all aspects of the industry, including:
- Creation and expansion of health care systems.
- Systems development, mergers and acquisitions.
- Alternative delivery systems.
- Joint ventures.
- Antitrust issues.
- Health planning and licensing.
- Health care third party payment.
- Insurance/self insurance.
- Bond financing.
- Health Care restucturing and reorganization.
- Managed care.
- Taxation issues.
- Health facility financing.
- Physician-related issues.
- Employee benefits.
- General health law matters.
- Provider association activities.
- Payment audits.
- Clinical laboratory ventures.
- Medicare/medicaid regulations.
The health care department represents hospitals, individual physicians, group practices, health care systems and other institutional and ancillary providers.