Careers in Trademark Law: A Panel Discussion for Law Students
October 27, 2010, 6:00pm EST
Ann Arbor, MI
Sponsor: International Trademark Association (INTA)
Practitioners from law firms and corporations will answer
questions such as:
- What are the best ways to enter the field of trademark law?
- How does one start a career in trademark law?
- What do I need in order to complete an application for a position in trademark law?
- What are the qualifications sought by law firms, trademark law counsel or companies in recruiting attorneys?
- Is it easy to move from a law firm to a company, and vice versa?
Featured panelists include:
- Timothy Gorbatoff, Attorney, General Motors Corporation
- Linda Heban, Vice President and Chief Trademark Counsel, H-D Michigan, LLC (Harley-Davidson)
- Jennifer Hetu, former USPTO Trademark Examiner
- Elizabeth F. Janda, Partner, Brooks Kushman P.C.
- Paul Justin, Corporate Counsel, Quicken Loans Inc.
- Julie Kretzschmer, Associate, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Sharon Ceresnie Sorkin, Associate, Loeb & Loeb LLP
If you are interested in attending, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 13.
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity so be sure to come prepared with your questions for the panel!