Get on board with what it takes to become a board member of a public or private company.
Inforum's BoardBasics workshop on Oct. 26 will provide real life advice from serving directors on the skills needed to be a successful board member, as well as introduce you to some of the important financial and legal aspects of board service. Expect a lively discussion with the panel of experts and the opportunity to network with board-experienced executives during dinner.
The distinguished and diverse group of experts speaking on various aspects of board service include:
- Laurene Horiszny, VP and Chief Compliance Office, BorgWarner (moderator)
- Leslie Murphy, Murphy Consulting; Board Member, Kelly Services
- Sandy Miller, Managing Principal, Hewitt Associates; Board Member, Pinnacle Biologics, Inc.
- Donald Kunz, Chair, Corporate and Securities Department, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Elizabeth Meter, Audit Partner, KPMG
What is BoardBasics?
- BoardBasics is a series of participative workshops and networking events to inform women about board service so that they can make career decisions that will enhance their board readiness. The sessions will illuminate what the requirements are for serving on a board, what boards look for in their candidates and how to prepare for board service. The program is part of Inforum’s new BoardConnections initiative to qualify women for board service today and in the future.
Who should participate?
- BoardBasics workshops will benefit women at all stages of their careers who are interested in corporate board service now and in the future. If you are a senior-level woman, consider mentoring a younger associate at the event. And while the program is focused on corporate board service, many of the topics discussed have relevance to not-for-profit board service.