Honigman and its attorneys have been recognized by our clients, peers and the media for our leadership in various endeavors. Listed below are many of our recent honors:
- Honigman ranked among the top three legal advisors in the United States for bank and thrift deals (ranked by number) for the third consecutive year in 2011, according to SNL Financial, a prominent source for banking data and news. Honigman was ranked third in 2011, first in 2010 and third in 2009 on lists that include many large, national law firms.
- Received a national and metropolitan tier 1 ranking for Venture Capital and First Amendment practices in U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” for 2012. It also was the only Michigan law firm ranked nationally for these practices. In total, 24 of Honigman's practice areas were ranked in the top three Tiers in its national rankings.
- Ranked number one law firm in Michigan for the key practice areas of Corporate/M&A, Litigation, and Real Estate by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2013. The Labor and Employment, Employee Benefits, and Banking and Finance practices were recognized as leading practices in Michigan.
- Twenty-two attorneys recognized as the Top Lawyers in their profession by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2013.
- One hundred and four attorneys named in The Best Lawyers in America in 2014. Among law firms in Michigan, Honigman had the most lawyers named as Best Lawyers in 24 key practice areas. Nine attorneys were also recognized as "Lawyers of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
- One hundred and thirty Honigman attorneys were named in the 2013 Michigan Super Lawyers, including 87 as “Super Lawyers” and 43 as “Rising Stars.” The firm also was noted as the top large law firm in the Business & Transactions and the Construction, Real Estate & Environmental categories. In addition, Honigman had the most attorneys of all Michigan law firms named in “Top 10,” “Top 100” and “Top 50 Women” categories.
- Rated one of three Best Corporate Law Firms in Detroit by Corporate Board Member magazine in 2012.
- Named as one of the top 50 "Best Law Firms for Women" for 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013 by Working Mother magazine, National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) and Flex-Time Lawyers LLC.
- Recognized as the Community Supporter of the Year for 2013 by Matrix Human Services, a Detroit area nonprofit organization.
- Recognized as the Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year in Michigan by the Legal Aid and Defender Association, Inc. (LADA) for 2012.
- Ranked among the top 10 for the second consecutive year on the Detroit Free Press 2012 Large Top Workplaces in Michigan list. Honigman is the only law firm ranked among the 25 companies in this category.
- Recognized as one of Metropolitan Detroit’s and West Michigan's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For by the Michigan Business and Professional Association in 2004, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Martindale Hubbell Highest Proficiency Rating.