Honigman and its attorneys have been recognized by our clients, peers and the media for our leadership in various endeavors. Listed below are many of our recent honors:
- Ranked number one law firm in Michigan for the key practice areas of Corporate/M&A, Litigation and Real Estate by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2015. The Labor and Employment, Employee Benefits, and Banking and Finance practices were recognized as leading practices in Michigan. The firm’s Litigation practice in Illinois was also recognized.
- Twenty-eight attorneys were ranked as "Key Individuals" or "Up and Coming" attorneys in their profession by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2015.
- Received a national ranking for 22 of its key practice areas in U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” for 2015.
- One hundred and six attorneys named in The Best Lawyers in America for 2015. Among law firms in Michigan, Honigman had the most lawyers named as Best Lawyers in 23 key practice areas. Nine attorneys were also recognized as "Lawyers of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America for 2015. In Illinois, four attorneys were recognized.
- In Michigan, 120 Honigman attorneys were named in the 2014 Michigan Super Lawyers, including 88 as “Super Lawyers” and 32 as “Rising Stars.” In addition, Honigman had the most attorneys of all Michigan law firms named in “Top 10,” “Top 100” and “Top 50 Women” categories.
- In Illinois, 11 Honigman attorneys were named “Super Lawyers” with one attorney on the “Top 10,” one on the “Top 50 Women” and three on the “Top 100” lists.
- Received a Turnaround Atlas Award from Global M&A Network for its representation of the Detroit Institute of Arts in the City of Detroit’s Chapter 9 Plan of Reorganization.
- Ranked among the top 10 law firms in the country for intellectual property patent work in BTI Consulting Group’s report entitled BTI Intellectual Property Outlook 2015: Changes, Trends and Opportunities in IP & IP Litigation. Honigman was also named on the list of Most-Favored IP Departments, in which one of the primary factors is customer service.
- Ranked among the top 25 for the fourth consecutive year on the Detroit Free Press 2014 Large Top Workplaces in Michigan list. Honigman is the only law firm ranked in this category.
- Recognized as one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Metropolitan Detroit for five years and in West Michigan for four years by the Michigan Business and Professional Association.
- Recognized as the Community Supporter of the Year for 2013 by Matrix Human Services, a Detroit area nonprofit organization.
- Recognized as the Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year in Michigan by the Legal Aid and Defender Association, Inc. (LADA) for 2012.