Honigman and its attorneys have been recognized by our clients, peers and the media for our leadership in various endeavors. Listed below are many of our recent honors:
- Ranked number one law firm in Michigan for the key practice areas of Corporate/M&A, Litigation, and Real Estate by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2014. The Labor and Employment, Employee Benefits, and Banking and Finance practices were recognized as leading practices in Michigan.
- Twenty-five attorneys were ranked as "Key Individuals" or "Up and Coming" attorneys in their profession by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2014.
- Received a national and metropolitan tier 1 ranking for Venture Capital and Information Technology practices in U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” for 2014. It also was the only Michigan law firm ranked nationally for these practices. In total, 22 of Honigman's practice areas were ranked in the top three Tiers in its national rankings.
- One hundred and two attorneys named in The Best Lawyers in America for 2015. Among law firms in Michigan, Honigman had the most lawyers named as Best Lawyers in 23 key practice areas. Nine attorneys were also recognized as "Lawyers of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America for 2015.
- One hundred and twenty Honigman attorneys were named in the 2014 Michigan Super Lawyers, including 88 as “Super Lawyers” and 32 as “Rising Stars.” In addition, Honigman had the most attorneys of all Michigan law firms named in “Top 10,” “Top 100” and “Top 50 Women” categories.
- Ranked among the top 10 law firms in the country for intellectual property patent work in BTI Consulting Group’s report entitled BTI Intellectual Property Outlook 2015: Changes, Trends and Opportunities in IP & IP Litigation. Honigman was also named on the list of Most-Favored IP Departments, in which one of the primary factors is customer service.
Ranked among the top 10 for the third consecutive year on the Detroit Free Press 2013 Large Top Workplaces in Michigan list. Honigman is the only law firm ranked among the 25 companies in this category.
Recognized as one of Metropolitan Detroit’s and West Michigan's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For by the Michigan Business and Professional Association in 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Named as one of the top 50 "Best Law Firms for Women" for 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013 by Working Mother magazine, National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) and Flex-Time Lawyers LLC.
- Recognized as the Community Supporter of the Year for 2013 by Matrix Human Services, a Detroit area nonprofit organization.
- Recognized as the Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year in Michigan by the Legal Aid and Defender Association, Inc. (LADA) for 2012.