Michigan State University, B.A.
- English Literature
Baker College, A.B.
- Paralegal Studies
Ms. Nelson is a paralegal in the Intellectual Property Department.
- Prepares, revises, reviews and files U.S. provisional, U.S. utility and Patent Cooperative Treaty (PCT) applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Maintains large and small client portfolios for U.S. utility applications, PCT applications and national phase (worldwide) applications
- Monitors various action items to keep applications in good standing
- Provides legal support on a variety of intellectual property matters
- Researches and compiles information pertaining to national and international intellectual property rights
- Utilizes patent software, including Thomson Innovation, EPOline, PattsyWave, USPTO website and EFS and WIPO websites