- cum laude
- Northwestern University Law Review, Associate Editor; Bluhm Legal Clinic’s Center for Wrongful Convictions and Criminal Defense and Appeals Clinic; Student Affairs Committee, Chair; South Asian Law Students Association, President
- Computing and Information Systems and Cognitive Science
- Center for Conflict Resolution, Certified Mediator
- Accenture Global Business Solutions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
American Bar Association
- Litigation Book Publishing, Board Member
Chicago Bar Association
Indian American Bar Association
Asian American Bar Association
Mr. Mathew focuses his practice on commercial and business litigation, including class action defense, contracts, employment, intellectual property, professional liability, fraudulent transfer and asset recovery.
- Represents clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to closely held corporations
- Uses his technology and consulting background to counsel clients on complex business and legal issues, as well as other business matters
- Centerpoint Energy Services, Inc. v. WR Property Management, LLC 743 F.3d 503 (7th Cir. 2014); argued in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals against real estate management company for fraudulent transfer and successor liability and obtained affirmance of a summary judgment award of nearly $2.9 million.
- Miles v. Calk No. 11 L 9242 (Cir. Ct. Cook Cty., Ill. Mar. 12, 2014); obtained dismissal with prejudice of claims brought by purported broker claiming commissions for allegedly assisting in the purchase of a bank.
- Donovan v. Rede Partners LLP No. 2013 L 216 (Cir. Ct. Cook Cty., Ill. Sept. 4, 2013); successfully compelled arbitration and obtained dismissal of suit brought against investment firm by individual claiming a partnership interest in the firm.
- Strauss v. Italian Village Restaurant, Inc. No. 11-cv-3202, 2012 WL 5389746 (N.D. Ill. Nov. 2, 2012); obtained complete dismissal of third-party complaint filed against law firm retained by restaurant to negotiate and prepare employment and wage contracts.
- Weltman v. Young Chicago Authors No. 11-M1-107066; obtained summary judgment against consultant claiming employee benefits for services that he performed for a non-profit.
News & Resources
- Honigman Chicago-based attorneys named in 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers(February 4, 2016)
- Illinois Super Lawyers, recognized as a Rising Star, 2012-2016