University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- magna cum laude
University of Michigan, B.S.
- Computer Science
News & Resources
Mr. Strand is a tax attorney with extensive experience advising clients regarding corporate and partnership taxation, mergers and acquisitions, tax-exempt entities, individual tax collection matters and taxation of captive insurance companies.
- Advises clients regarding captive domiciles, ownership structure and operations for legal and tax purposes
- Counsels individuals on various aspects of estate and wealth transfer planning, including the preparation of wills and trusts, and the formation and operation of private foundations and public charities
News & Resources
- Adam Jahnke, Adam K. Keith, Matthew Keuten, Brett A. Krueger, Evan J. Leibhan and Shawn A. Strand mentioned in Detroit Legal News regarding their election as new partners(January 23, 2012)Also mentioned in Oakland County Legal News and Macomb County Legal News
- 130 Honigman attorneys named in the 2015 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 8, 2015)
- 120 Honigman attorneys named in the 2014 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 12, 2014)
- 129 Honigman attorneys named in the 2013 Michigan Super Lawyers(September 17, 2013)
- Honigman elects eight new partners(January 11, 2012)
- Signing the Final S Corporation Return after a Stock Acquisition that Terminates the S Election(Winter 2011)Michigan Tax Lawyer, State Bar of Michigan, Volume XXXVII, Issue 1, Page 18
- Taxation(January 1, 2009)Michigan Business Formbook, The Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2nd Edition
- Michigan Super Lawyers, Recognized as a Rising Star, 2013-2016